Wednesday, September 2, 2009

when music connects....

THE BEAST AND DRAGON, ADORED.
YOU BEEN GONE SO LONG. WHERE YOU BEEN FOR SO LONG?
I went to places unknown, rented a room
and I forgot my pen, shook my twin
and I had to find that feeling again.

Now all I need is a crew.
One that can act as if
One that can slay on cue, and sneeze n' sniff.
I'm goin' back to the water
Been land-locked too long.

I got a feeling, it don't come cheap
I got a feeling and it got to me.
It took it's time a-workin' into my soul
I got to believe it comes from rock n' roll.

WHERE DID YOU GET FOR SO LONG?
I been learning my scene.
I been watching my friends move away.
I summon my love back to me.
And I went down by the sea wall
that's when I knew, knew they never got to you.

Great Dominions, they don't come cheap.
Great Dominions, they just want you to leave.
I got the meaning, the meaning sat tight.
It's not what you expected but it could be right
I got a feeling, it didn't come free.
I got a feeling and then it got to me.
When you don't feel it, it shows, they tear out your soul
and when you believe they call it rock n' roll.


*Lyrics by Britt Daniel of SPOON

No comments:

Post a Comment