Sunday, December 7, 2014

a broken record playing a humble song.

Ever since I arrived back home this time I feel like I've been living a life of luxury while staying with my friends and family for spurts of days, weeks, sometimes months at a time.
Driving nice automobiles, eating heart-warming Canadian meals, sleeping in cozy beds with animals, smoking in expensive hot-tubs, and on and on and on.... as if all these things were mine.
But even if I did own these many fine things, they would still not be mine alone because I would share them with the people I know and love, just as they share them with me.

I really hope more than most things that my family & friends know how grateful I am to have them, to know them. To have you, to know you. I am not I without you.
We all share our lives with certain people for certain reasons, and you are all at the heart of the greatest reasons. You are my home.


No comments:

Post a Comment