Wednesday, April 1, 2009

meet Charlie Lovebottums

I know this girl. She's insane, but in a good way. Crazy like a fox, if you will. I've known her since I was in high school. I had a class with her, which lead to us working on a project together, which lead to us kissing like a really good episode of Dawson's Creek, in the back of my buddy Braden's car as he was driving it. Such a night. I didn't know shit about anything back then so she dumped my eager ass on my 18th birthday. Then I went to a party, raving like a wild dog and I bit a good man known as Gordo until I drew blood. Your boy's a savage. I know a little bit more about life now. It's important to stay positive and keep lookin' out for the bright spots, 'cause they keep coming back around. 

She is the brightest thing I've ever fucking seen. 
One time, during the peak of a solar eclipse, my buddies and I stared up into the ring that your not supposed to look at because it's so bright that it can potentially blind you..... well she's brighter than that. And always good for the eyes. 

In the year 2005 she appeared again, thanks to the guidance of the late great Jeff Darling. 
Somehow we found our way out to Vancouver, living in the humblest of an abode, attending the same film school and getting closer and happier together than I ever thought I'd get with a girl. 
I guess I still didn't know shit. But I definitely knew that this one was different from the rest. 

Charlie Lovebottums is the epitome of what Billy Joel was singing about in "She's always a woman to me." Check that one out. 
She falls up and throws down. She spits words n' fire like a beautiful paradox. 
I'm talkin' about an open book of mystery here. A muse that remains as young as I do at heart. 
I doubt I'll ever be able to totally explain my special lady friend. 

I've lived with this girl for about 4 years now, in a shady flop house on 7th ave, in the bowels of a cruise ship, on the shores of Mexico n' Alaska, in the many hotel rooms across the Trans-Canada and of course, in a tent. She's the only one I can live abroad with. The person I've been looking for since I figured out how big and endless the world was. I'm a lucky bastard and I know it. But I'm grateful too. 
Now we live in the basement of a condo she owns with her Sister. It's too simple for us, this time n' place.  We're on our way outta here again. But before we go, I wanted to attempt to explain why I love this girl.  'Cause I do. 






No comments:

Post a Comment