Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Disfunctional Diary of India - Back in the Darj. : Day 18 & 19

Two solid days of relaxation and very advanced Christmas shopping, in which we prepared for our next leg of the journey- onward to Delhi to rent two mean n' shiney Royal Enfield motorcycles and ride out a dream I've been wanting to do since my cousins first put me on the back of their motorbikes, since the first time I saw Easy Rider...
I also met  Mary Ann Davis, a kooky old travel writer who works for transitionsabroad.com
She taught me two important lessons:
1) I now know I don't want to be a travel writer. Too many rules and too many travel writers already writing the same useful, but redundant shit.
2) Travel now, while you can, while you're young and strong and patiently open to anything that comes at you. Don't travel when you're old and set in your ways. The world will put you over it's knee and spank your ass 'till you find yourself in Margarita-ville.

Read Day 20

No comments:

Post a Comment