Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Disfunctional Diary of India - Singalila National Park: Day 15

Dynamite breakfast this morning! Hot yak's milk with cereal and roti with potato curry. I needed it. I woke up with a strange headache in my frontal lobe and there was cold water dripping out of my nose. Altitude sickness.
I was eager to get on the trail and head down to a lower height for some relief, but first I had to play doctor and clean n' wrap a sliced finger of one of the villagers. It baffled me that no one up there had a first aid kit. I had more condoms than bandaids in mine.
Today's trek was 21km, descending down to 3,600m, with only one stop for lunch. The sun was out in the morning and the scenery was the best yet. We even saw the two minute magic of wild horses having sex. It was an easy journey compared to yesterday, but the sky began to spit again as we rounded the home stretch to Phalut, the village of the flying stone. The fog became so thick I couldn't see 10 feet infront of me, so it was an eerie surprise when the big stone house suddenly appeared like a grey ghost. We settled into a small cabin and did some writing until around 5:00 when we joined a small collection of villagers in the cooking house to play cards and drink some home made wine. After dinner we played "jack thief" with the eldest of the village and had some good laughs before calling it a night.

Read Day 16

No comments:

Post a Comment