Friday, April 3, 2015

A letter from the dirt.

When I am without you I am the true Vagrant Optimist.
I am an introvert of sorts because I don't let anyone as close to me as you.
I don't care about how I look because I only want to look good for you
(plus I haven't seen my reflection in over a week).
I don't eat a lot because I have a different kind of hunger.
I live in squalor. My warehouse tent from New Zealand is falling apart at the seams. Its a mess of loose change and broken ukulele strings.
I use your bag of clothes as a pillow. The fragrance of you keeps the air breathable, and the nights sleep-able.
I pick ditch-berries to eat for breakfast. I return bottles to buy more. I barter and trade with coconut oil.
I eat my food from a recycled ice-cream container.
I know a man with a blender. I buy roasted peanuts and them have them turned into peanut butter.
I eat day old bread daily. I indulge on cheese, malbec and helado. My new favourite food is milanesa.
My biggest goal in life is to speak espaƱol fluently. Estoy mejorando cada dia (yo pienso).
I have more than I need to keep going.
I have you to keep loving.
I have a life to keep living.
And its always better with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment