Sunday, August 2, 2015

February 11, 2015



I've been living what I can only describe as a 'living dream' since the beginning of this, my favourite month of them all. Once again, I'm back in the Kingdom of Thailand. I've come here to begin the 15th chapter in the story of my life and step into my 32nd year of living it.
I write this on the deck of a bamboo bungalow in Bo Daeng, on the little island of Jum.
I'm staring out, waaaaaaay out into what this year has to offer, and I see a fortune of opportunities.
I've just spent the past six months back home in Canada, prepping myself to learn more than I've ever learned before. I'm ready for the moments I've only seen in my mind. I believe in my path whole-heartedly now.





This 'inner-lingua' began a year ago in Sunnyvale, New Zealand when I saw Katherine Bielefeldt of Chile. She was sitting in a gazebo, painting happiness on paper. The energy that I felt around her was off the charts.
But our time was short. She was en route to Australia. You don't let a feeling like that pass you by when you feel it. She felt it too and we both knew something without explanation. All I really knew was that I had to see her again. So five months later, on the way home from New Zealand, I stopped over for 5 days in Melbourne. I took a train into the city and she found me in a phone booth outside the station. Our brief time in Melbourne was like a 2nd date for us. It confirmed everything we had felt before and it was evidently necessary that we had to meet again. Somewhere.




That somewhere is here,  another 7 months later, on our 3rd date, we've found ourselves in a true traveller's love story. A Chilean artista and a Canadian house painter. Together we dream a future with no clothes on. Then we get up, get dressed and go out to make it real. It's nearly that simple.



No comments:

Post a Comment