Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Disfunctional Diary of India - New Delhi: Day 23

Another Sunday.
I remember back in the days I lived in Byron town when Jon and I would go for a drive and smoke a cigar every other Sunday to talk about life and what we were doing with it. Now, so many years later here in India we've begun to refer to Sundays as 'bad days' because everything we need (money & good help) is out of commission. The morning was a hot headache. The positives didn't come until the afternoon when we sealed the deal on our bikes and I passed the biggest test I've had since graduating film school. Then we bought 2 brand new helmets and 5 grams of quality charas to keep our brains safe and enriched while out on the road. That night we tried the charas in quiet celebration out on the balcony of the Namaskar Hotel and then I went to write about it and found myself entangled in a conversation with a veterinarian from Valencia who sounded and acted like Penelope Cruz. She wanted me to come to Pushkar with  her to help out at an animal hospital, but I was all too happy to decline and tell her my own plans. Fuck I was proud. I just hope I don't drive my ass off a cliff. 

Read Day 24

No comments:

Post a Comment