Friday, June 17, 2011

A Disfunctional Diary of India - Reckong Peo to Nako: Day 26

Today was the best ride yet in terms of scenery and road quality.  I saw landscapes that I never could've imagined in my dreams and that the camera could never truly justify. We cruised 119km with no stops for food or drink, only photos n' deep breaths. Our plan to camp out was compromised again when we hit Nako and found a family home-stay house that we couldn't turn down. Two big beds, a couch n' chairs with a table and beautiful backyard with a view of the rich fields enfolding sunny spots of greenery. I walked around the friendly village and sat in on an intense card game being played by the elders in front of a shop. They would slap the cards down on the pavement like bombs and I was almost convinced that was the main objective of the game. When I came back to the home-stay Jon was cooking soup on the pocket stove. I love these kinds of meals... set up on an old wooden table, chopping vegetables with pocket knives, making open faced sandwiches while playing catch with a joint and a mixed bottle of whiskey. We're very good at that. The rest was easy- Jon took a power nap and I read and passed out on the couch.

Read Day 27

No comments:

Post a Comment